Schools & Kids eBooks
Questions: email@example.com or 800-432-3919.
No School Licensing - Scholastic BookFlix
Kansas only has the public library licensing for this product. It cannot be used in a classroom or curriculum in any way. This can be anything from showing the storybook on screen to whole class to assigning students to use the site or a book on it.
What is allowed? Children may use BF during their free reading time, as long as this is on their own and they are using it as a regular library patron, not as a lesson or assignment in any way from the teacher. It is just an option to fill their free time, like the books they can bring in from your school or public library or they can borrow from your classroom bookshelf.
Schools should not link directly to BookFlix to avoid misunderstandings with the vendor. We recommend linking to the State Library Kids page (https://kslib.info/kids) if you wish to provide free-reading-time access for your kids. This page also has links to Explora and other kids’ databases.
Britannica E-STAX - School Use Encouraged!
What is it?
- Nonfiction ebooks for PreK-high school. Some titles in Spanish.
- all books multi-use (unlimited copies of books, all students in the same class may use the same book at the same time)
- unlimited access per person (kids can use as many books as they like)
- books can be read online (most commonly used option) or downloaded if an offline copy is needed. Please see this page if you would like more notes on using Britannica E-STAX.
How can my school best access E-STAX? Please register for direct access from school. After you are set up, the State Library will send you a confirmation message with more information. You may also want:
- Titles by Grade Level spreadsheet
- MARC records - please note the 856 links in these records will only work from school if you have registered for direct access. Combo batch here.
TumblebookLibrary - School Use Encouraged!
The TumbleBookLibrary Collection is now licensed for classroom use! It includes material for PreK-Grade 6, and provides enrichment along with ebooks and read-along titles. Great support tool for ESL/ELL and struggling or reluctant readers.
Other Digital Book eLending Services?
With our other services, (RBdigital, cloudLibrary, Freading, Enki) students may use books just as any other resident with a personal account. Please remember that these are public library collections and include adult materials. See the Digital Book eLending page for instructions on specific setup.
Freading is unique among our eBook offerings because all of the titles available on this platform are available to an unlimited number of patrons at once, meaning there are no holds on any of these titles ever.